Some of The Things I hate
Or at least what irritates me
- It may be local, but why can't people put shopping carts into the
corrals in the parking lot? I have lots of scratches on the side of my
pickup truck caused by shopping carts.
- That logo at the bottom right corner of the TV screen, everybody insists on putting
on. Have you noticed that the logos in the bottom right corner of the TV screen are
getting bigger? The logos are now animated and will take up a good third
of the screen just as the program starts after a commercial break.
- I hate the self promotion that goes on the bottom of the TV
screen after every commercial break and even during the main program.
- The screen clutter is getting
worse, now every time after a
they put 10-15 seconds of crap on the bottom of the screen with promotions
of coming shows. The thing I hate, it is during
the program and not in a commercial break. It is usually self promotion
- Now that the digital age is here, stations put more crap on the
screen during programs.
- I don't like any form of censorship, such as obscuring body parts (breasts and
pubic areas) on TV shows when the subject is of an adult nature. The Howard Stern Show on
E! is a good example. Howard puts on women and insists that they
take off their clothes, then E! blurs the body part. What is the point
if you are not going to show anything? E! censors every show that has any nudity by obscuring body
parts. As does the American National TV networks. (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX
and The CW).
- On American Television,
every since the 2004 Super Bowl that Janet Jackson
had her "wardrobe malfunction"
the censors are out in full force. Story on CNN.com.
Now on every TV show, if any hint of some butt
crack (male or female), breast areola or nipple (even when
covered by clothes) or even a camels toe shows on camera,
the censors blur the part. They are even blurring
peoples mouth when they blank a censored word.
- The way TV shows wave the camera around. The people should move, not the
camera. The camera should only be an observer, and not be the actor. I think the
director that allows this has no imagination, or watches too much MTV.
It all started when some bozo for a Coke commercial
waved the camera around instead of having a good message.
- Some of the television stations (all?) will put on some kind of self promotion by
squeezing the screen just as the credits for the cast members come on making the text so
small that you can not read the credits. They could wait until the cast members scroll off
- Addendum: Now they squeeze from the top,
putting the credits in the bottom using less than half of the screen.
- The fact that a 1 hour TV show is 42 minutes or less with 15 to
18 minutes of
commercials. It is not too many years ago that a 1 hour TV show was 52 minutes. Thanks for
VCRs and DVRs.
- We pay for all those commercials by paying higher prices for the products we buy.
- On love scenes, the constant moving of the camera, sometimes the camera spins
around the couple, making me dizzy to watch. I think the director is afraid to show
anything, so he or she just gives a blink.
- Newspaper and Magazine subscriptions. Publishers need the circulation so that they
can charge their advertisers for the amount based on their circulation.
Most (All) Newspapers and Magazines make a handsome profit from their
ads. Why not send their publication to anyone that wants it for free. It
would certainly increase their circulation.
- How TV and maybe movies write stories where parents or guardians
lie to children about things they don't think that kids should know. In
most stories, the kid is listening just around the corner
and get into trouble because the parent lied to the child.
- Parents and guardians often 'guard'
children from the facts of life such as a person or parent dieing
(automobile accident), thinking they are doing
that child a favor, not so, children are aware that people
die. All a child wants to know is where they are going to live, grow up
and with whom.
Last Update: April 26, 2015